SickRage is a hot new fork of the classic Sickbeard for periodic media shows. It uses multiple databases to resolve scene naming issues found in Sickbeard. You can use torrents and usenet to download your media and it is quite customizable. It can be valuable addition for your automated home media server. This guide was created on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04.
Install on Ubuntu
Update repositories first
sudo apt-get update
Now upgrade existing packages
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install python-cheetah unrar python-pip python-dev libssl-dev git -y
sudo pip install pyopenssl==0.13.1
Git clone the installation
sudo git clone https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage.git /opt/sickrage
Change ownership to your username
sudo chown username:username -R /opt/sickrage
Test to see if you can run
sudo python /opt/sickrage/SickBeard.py -d
You may get this error about handlers
No handlers could be found for logger "sickbeard"
. We’ll fix that.
You may also see this error.
Datadir must be writeable '/opt/sickrage'
The upstart script below solves this error too
You should be able to access at http://ip.address:8081 after running the upstart script.
Choose either the init.d script or upstart script. Upstart can have some issues so it’s advised to try the init.d script first.
Create the default file for Ubuntu
sudo nano /etc/default/sickrage
Paste this code, change username to the user you want to run as
SR_USER=username SR_HOME=/opt/sickrage SR_DATA=/opt/sickrage SR_PIDFILE=/home/username/.sickrage.pid
Copy the default init.d script
sudo cp /opt/sickrage/init.ubuntu /etc/init.d/sickrage
If you get an error the script may have moved in their git repo, find it with this command
sudo find / -name init.ubuntu
It told me it was here
So the new copy command to get the init script is this, source location is first
sudo cp /opt/sickrage/runscripts/init.ubuntu /etc/init.d/sickrage
Make the init.d script executable
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/sickrage
Update the init.d script defaults
sudo update-rc.d sickrage defaults
Start like this
sudo service sickrage start
- Kodi/XBMC library updates, poster/banner/fanart downloads, and NFO/TBN generation
- Configurable automatic episode renaming, sorting, and other processing
- Easily see what episodes you’re missing, are airing soon, and more
- Automatic torrent/nzb searching, downloading, and processing at the qualities you want
- Largest list of supported torrent and nzb providers, both public and private
- Can notify Kodi, XBMC, Growl, Trakt, Twitter, and more when new episodes are available
- Searches TheTVDB.com and AniDB.net for shows, seasons, episodes, and metadata
- Episode status management allows for mass failing seasons/episodes to force retrying
- DVD Order numbering for returning the results in DVD order instead of Air-By-Date order
- Allows you to choose which indexer to have SickRage search its show info from when importing
- Automatic XEM Scene Numbering/Naming for seasons/episodes
- Available for any platform, uses a simple HTTP interface
- Specials and multi-episode torrent/nzb support
- Automatic subtitles matching and downloading
- Improved failed download handling
- DupeKey/DupeScore for NZBGet 12+
- Real SSL certificate validation
- Supports Anime shows